Based at a Western Australian tertiary institution?
JH Lord Travel Grants are available to support your attendance at local, national and international geological conferences and field excursions. Applicants presenting the results of their work will be given priority.
Grants for an interstate conference or field excursion will typically cover the registration fee, and, if applicable, subsidise an economy airfare and budget accommodation costs.
Based interstate or overseas?
Applications from outside Western Australia are only available to:
- postgraduate students and new postdoctoral researchers
- those presenting the results of their work at a conference held in Western Australia.
Grants will typically cover the registration fee and subsidise an economy airfare to Western Australia and budget accommodation costs.
For applicants from developing countries (as defined by the United Nations Development Programme), the Travel Grants Committee has the discretion to make travel and accommodation arrangements associated with the conference and fully cover these costs. The recipients of such grants will be encouraged to visit local research institutions to promote scientific exchange.
Promotional materials for tertiary institution
- JH Lord Travel Grants for Western Australian tertiary institution – poster [PDF 4.1 MB]
- JH Lord Travel Grants for interstate tertiary institution – poster [PDF 4.1 MB]
- JH Lord Travel Grants for overseas tertiary institution – poster [PDF 4.1 MB]