A selection of reports on past events is available below.
Fertility Indicators of Magmatic and Hydrothermal Systems
Date: Monday, 27th of May 2019
Time: 8.30 am to 1.00 pm
Venue: Australian Resources Research Centre (ARRC) – 26 Dick Perry Avenue, Kensington, WA 6151
Speakers:Stephen M. Rowins, Yongjun Lu, Matt Loader, Louise Schoneveld, Paul Agnew
Discovery of new deposits is costly and challenging, particularly when exploration is now moving under cover and being more predictive can be the immediate key to discovery. Chemical fingerprinting and fertility assessment of rocks and minerals related to potential exploration targets at different scales have gained a lot of momentum in the last decade. In this workshop leading geoscientists from industry, government and academia share the latest advances in fertility indicators of magmatic and hydrothermal systems, which have the potential to lead to Tier 1 discovery in the future.
TeamWA Workshops: Hyperspectral Analysis for Exploration
Date: Monday, 9 May 2016
Time: 8.50 am to 1.00 pm
Venue: Australian Resources Research Centre (ARRC), 26 Dick Perry Avenue, Kensington
Multi-scale seismic exploration for minerals, organised by TeamWA Workshops
Seismic is a powerful yet underutilised range of techniques in mineral exploration. Long used in the oil and gas space, seismic is becoming increasingly important in the hunt for hidden mineral deposits, from imagery of regolith through definition of fluid pathways to direct imagery of metalliferous deposits.
Iron Oxide Copper Gold (IOCG) Deposits 2014, organised by TeamWA Workshops
- Volatile rich Fe-oxide melts: base and precious metals enrichment trends. Is there an IOCG connection? – Greg Lester (Curtin University) [PDF 2.8 MB]
- The Olympic IOCG Province (Gawler Craton): lithospheric- to district-scale controls on ore formation and targeting of IOCG mineral systems – Roger Skirrow (Geoscience Australia) [PDF 4 MB]
- Reflection seismic as a tool for IOCG exploration – Don Pridmore (HiSeis) [PDF 1.0 MB]
- Fifth International Archean Symposium Abstracts [PDF 59.9 MB]
- Evolution of Active Plate Margins: West Pilbara Superterrane, De Grey Superbasin, and the Fortescue and Hamersley Basins – a field guide [PDF 32.3 MB]
- Controls on Giant Mineral Systems in the Yilgarn Craton – a field guide [PDF 18.9 MB]
- Three and a half billion years of life on earth: A transect back into deep time [52.5 MB]
- A time transect through the hadean to neoarchean geology of the Western Yilgarn Craton – a field guide [PDF 31.3 MB]
- Fifth International Archean Symposium: Handbook for Archean drillcore at the GSWA core library [PDF 3.4 MB]